Immigration Bail Bonds CT

Immigration Bail Bonds in Connecticut

You get the call. You learn that your friend or family member has just been detained by the United States Homeland Security Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. In this situation, you might not know the first step to take. You might be confused, and you certainly need to know what this means and what will happen next.

One important question to ask your friend is if he or she has been granted an immigration bail bond. But what exactly is an immigration bond, and what can you do right now to help?

Get a free consultation now!

What is an immigration bond?

When a person is arrested and placed in jail, he or she is given a bail hearing in which he or she is granted or denied bail. If bail is granted, the arrested party will have to provide a bond, which will ensure his or her return to court when the time for the hearing comes. An immigration bail bond in Hartford and throughout Connecticut follows a similar concept. If your friend or family member is illegally living in the United States, and the Immigration Department finds out about this, he or she will be placed in immigration detention.

If your friend or family member is granted an immigration bond, it means that he or she can be released from immigration detention or the custody of Homeland Security so long as the money or assets that cover the bond amount can be given to the government.

In the case of an immigration bond, posting bond means that the illegal immigrant is free to leave immigration detention, but if and when a judge makes deportation arrangements, the illegal immigrant must comply with these orders.

Posting an immigration bond

In most cases, a third party will post an immigration bond. Generally an insurance company or a bail bondsman can post an immigration bond. You can get your friend or family member help by contacting an insurance company or bail bondsman and raise money to pay for the immigration bond.

In most cases, those who are detained by Homeland Security can be released from custody, but eventually they will be sent back to their birth countries. To help your loved one get an immigration bond, you can contact a bail bondsman. For assistance with an immigration hearing, it is in your best interest to contact an immigration lawyer.

What if you’re not a U.S. citizen? In most cases, if the United States Homeland Security Department of Immigration an Customs Enforcement detains you, you will have to pay an immigration bond in order to be released from custody. An immigration bond differs from a regular bond in a few significant ways. If you or a loved one is not a legal citizen of the United States, and you find yourself facing an immigration bond, you should understand what this bond is and what will be expected of you in order to pay it.

Three Types of Immigration Bonds

  1. Delivery Bonds: This is the most common of the immigration bonds. This bond is used to ensure that when an illegal immigrant is deported back to his or her country, he or she will comply with the deportation.
  2. Public Safety Bonds: These bonds ensures that any public assistance that an illegal immigrant receives from the government is paid back. Basically, the government will issue a public safety bond to ensure that it is compensated for the public services that illegal aliens used while in the United States.
  3. Voluntary Departure Bonds: This bond is used when an illegal immigrant is granted voluntary departure. This bond ensures that the alien returns to his or her home country in accordance with the court order.

An immigration Judge will ultimately decided if an alien has grounds to continue living in the United States or not. While the case is pending, the illegal immigrant is allowed to remain in the United States. If it is determined that the immigrant should be deported, the immigration bond is the means by which the government is sure that the alien leaves the country.

Need Assistance with an Immigration Bond?

If you cannot pay an immigration bond by yourself, you should consider hiring a bail bondsman, who can put up the surety bond for you. For more information, you can contact one of our bail agents at Connecticut Bail Bonds Group. Give us a call today: 860-420-2245.

Call Now Button